Android SDK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thumbs up Kies Air not working over wifi - Samsung Galaxy S2 - international issue

Hi to all! Unfortunately, I dont still have a solution to this problem, but I narrowed our search a little. I concluded it is definately a network/router problem. I tried it on diferent networks, somewhere it works perfectly, but at my home network it doesnt work at all. I tried forwarding 8080 port in my router - doesnt work, opened the port in windows firewall, tried turning off WF and Kaspersky - doesnt work. My final final argumen for the conclusion that is a network/router problem is that I tried two more similar apps for this purpose, and had the identical problem with both of them like with the Kies air.

Hopes this interests someone enough to try fixing it on the router or in windows, I searched all over google results on different seraches and still nothing. Tahnx in advance.

I seem to be on the same wavelength as yourself here;
    I spent two nights at two different houses trying to solve this and this was my solution;

Clear the Kies Air data using your App Killer

Use the actual icon in the menu, NOT A SHORTCUT, to start up Kies again

For some reason using a shortcut to the Kies Air App does not run the same process as starting it from the actual app menu.

Hope this helps anyone else title=Smile

Thumbs up Kies Air not working over wifi - Samsung Galaxy S2 - international issue

In relation to the error in IE that there is an error with the Kies web page, I uninstalled Jave 6/23 and it connected to Kies OK but asked to install Java. I followed the prompts to install the latest version of Jave 6/30 and it stilled worked but I was asked to allow Java to have network access which I did. This may indicate that some of us may have Java installed but without network access permission. Unfortunately I do not know how to reconfigure Java. If you need to fix this problem just uninstall Java - start Kies and follow the prompts. Hope this helps.

New to Android and GS 2 (19100M), have reviewed the posts. Both laptop and device set to same router/network. However, when trying to open Kies air either way (through settings or icon) and enter http address shown for router thr Kies air, I get message on laptops bluetooth The device does not have the necessary services. So, no ability to browse the device (GS 2) from laptop. Anyone have a clue as to whats missing? Both are Bluetooth enabled and discoverable/visible.title=Confused

New to Android and GS 2 (19100M), have reviewed the posts. Both laptop and device set to same router/network. However, when trying to open Kies air either way (through settings or icon) and enter http address shown for router thr Kies air, I get message on laptops bluetooth The device does not have the necessary services. So, no ability to browse the device (GS 2) from laptop. Anyone have a clue as to whats missing? Both are Bluetooth enabled and discoverable/visible.title=Confused

Ive discovered that updating Kies Air is a bad thing. Ive got that same error msg as you after update. I removed the update (uninstalled it through appbrain) and voila! It works again! title=Smile

title=Smiletitle=Smiletitle=Smile It worked!!! Thanks heaps! I was going insane trying to get mine to connect! Tried all the others on here but this one worked for me!!! title=Smiletitle=Smiletitle=Smile

Kies works perfectly over wifi...to get it working go to settings /wireless and network / Kies via Wi-Fi...the phone will scan for devices on your network, when one shows up just click on it and a box pops up on your computer screen to authorize and off you go.

Does well on my GS2.

Hi guys. Im new here and just joined because of this problem. I have owned a GS1 since last summer and have always used Kies at home and at work with no problems (through browsers). I bought a Samsung digital camera and it wirelessly connects through my router to my phone without issue (I can control it from my phone).
    Yesterday I picked up a Galaxy Tab 10.1. Heres where things get a little hinky.

I was poking around in the WiFi settings and I found the Kies via WiFi option. I clicked it and to my surprise my PC (which is wired) immediately popped up a permission window. I allowed it and up popped the Kies software without a browser.

So, there are two ways to make Kies work (I had no idea). Heres where I made my first mistake. I allowed Kies to update and the non browser Kies via WiFi stopped working. I can still connect using Kies in a browser, but the software without the browser will not work. When I click Kies via WiFi the tablet starts trying to connect but the PC never sees it. Also, if I connect using a USB cable, again Kies will not connect to the tablet. I have allowed it to reinstall the device drivers several times. I can see the tablet in Computer as a drive, and copy to and from it, but Kies says its not there.

So, I uninstalled Kies and reinstalled it but still get the same results. This is really too bad because now that I know Kies will work over WiFi without a browser, thats the way I want it to work. I have seen other peoples suggestions above regarding resetting the router and I will give that a try tonight. Of course I rebooted the PC several times but it didnt help. My tablet works fine using the browser method, and I can also stream movies and music from my NAS using AllShare (avoid the PC AllShare software, all it did for me in Windows 7 64 was crash and crash and crash, but the Android version works fine).

I have to say I love Samsung products, but they sure suck at writing software.