Android SDK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Completely Uninstall avast! Mobile Security - Motorola Triumph Request

I recently download avast mobile security just to try it out and then decided to uninstall it. The main program was removed but i still have the Anti theft administrator icon on my homepage which i can not remove. Can anyone help me remove this?. Its really bugging me since i dont need it and its still on my phone. Im running the newest version of MiUi if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up Completely Uninstall avast! Mobile Security - Motorola Triumph Request

Go to Settings → Location and security → Select device administrators and untick checkbox with the name you gave to your Anti-Theft profile or whatever. Then go to Settings → Applications and uninstall the application. It worked for me.

Go to Settings → Location and security → Select device administrators and untick checkbox with the name you gave to your Anti-Theft profile or whatever. Then go to Settings → Applications and uninstall the application. It worked for me.

With ICS, that allowed me to disable the app, but I had to use Titanium to uninstall. It is hidden in /system/app somewhere, or I missed it.

With ICS, that allowed me to disable the app, but I had to use Titanium to uninstall. It is hidden in /system/app somewhere, or I missed it.

Wait you have ICS on your phone??

Wait you have ICS on your phone??

I have this same issue, I cant uninstall Avast anti-theft. I have disabled it as system admin but I still have no option to uninstall in the app manager. Can you go into more detail about the removal process using Titanium?

I have this same issue, I cant uninstall Avast anti-theft. I have disabled it as system admin but I still have no option to uninstall in the app manager. Can you go into more detail about the removal process using Titanium?

1. Ensure that Titanium is granted root permissions

2. Locate the anti-virus software/anti-theft software in the Backup/Restore tab in Titanium

3. Click on the menu item for said app and select Uninstall

4. Wait for Titanium to uninstall it.

5. Profit!